George Steuart Travel Ltd is a subsidiary of George Steuart & Co., oldest business house in Sri Lanka and one of the oldest mercantile establishments in the world. It proudly claim to be heirs to a tradition of unblemished excellence in business, spanning over a century and a half.
The Company was founded in 1835 by James Steuart, an intrepid and high-principled British sea captain, who sailed the southern ocean at the beginning of the 19th Century.
George Steuart Travel Ltd was incorporated in 1974 to take over the inbound travel operations of George Steuarts & Co. which at the time was the main source of revenue for the company. It is a full-service travel company engaged in outbound and inbound travel and travel related services. It conferred official recognition in 1986 by IATA, (International Air Transport Association).
We are ranked amongst the “Top Five” travel agents in Sri Lanka by prestigious airlines such as Sri Lankan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways, Emirates, British Airways, Qatar Airways, American Airlines, and Qantas. We have been a regular recipient of awards for outstanding performance from all these airlines over the years. The fully automated office is at No. 45, Steuart House, Janadhipathi Mawatha, Colombo 01.
We had the distinction of being appointed Exclusive Official Travel Agent in Sri Lanka for
- Wills Cricket World Cup in India/Pakistan 1996
- ICC 1999 Cricket World Cup in the United Kingdom
- ICC 2003 Cricket World Cup in South Africa
- ICC 2007 Cricket World Cup in the Caribbean Islands
- Official Travel Agent for ICC Cricket World Cup Matches 2011
- Official Travel Agent for T20 World Cup 2012
- Official Travel Agent for FIFA, the International Football Federation
We handle Multinational companies, corporate clients and high network individuals.
- Sri Lanka Cricket
- Football Federation
- Gateway International
- MAS ACTIVE TRADING (PVT) LTD
- MC LARENS HOLDINGS LTD
- NAWALOKA HOSPITALS PLC
- FIFA Development
- SIAM CITY CEMENT LANKA LTD.